If you are new to Oakville or you are moving within Oakville, please tell us about your move to ensure that your electricity service is connected when you move in. If you are a current Oakville resident and you are moving to another home within Oakville we will ensure that your current account is closed when you move out and your new service is connected when you move in to your new home. Please provide us with five days advance notice of your moving date. To apply for service now, click on the link above.
Click to begin the application for service.
What information does Oakville Hydro need to open my account?
We will need the following information about you or your business to open your account:
- name of the customer to be billed
- the service address (where the service is to be supplied)
- the date connection is required
- mailing address (if different from the service address)
- lawyer information
- owner or tenant classification and information
- former address and final reading date (if applicable)
- telephone number
- email address
- signature of responsible party and/or signing officer of company
- one piece of identification
How much advance notice do you need to open or close an account?
If you are a new customer or are moving within Oakville, an application for service must be completed five (5) business days prior to your closing/lease date to avoid possible power disruption.
If you are moving out, we require at least five (5) business days notice.
Does it cost anything to move my service?
There is a fee of $30.00 plus HST to set up your Oakville Hydro Account.
Do I have to pay a deposit?
Oakville Hydro does not collect deposits from residential customers.